The Whitebait Connection started facilitating regional freshwater hui in Northland in 2007. The success of the hui resulted in its development and delivery every two years since. The last hui was held in April 2022 in partnership with NZ Landcare Trust in Whangarei.
You can check out proceedings from past Northland Freshwater Hui below:
The Northland team have produced summary evaluation reports from a previous hui in 2012 and a Regional Freshwater Hui Planning Template so that other areas wanting to facilitate their own regional hui have the experience of the Northland model to build from. You can download the Regional Freshwater Hui Planning Template and all of its Appendices on the links below.
- Appendix-A_nthld-hui-cost-breakdown.xls - 30.5 KB
- Appendix-B_Communication-Plan-Template-for-first-meeting.doc - 152.5 KB
- Appendix-C_draft-organisers-programme.doc - 44.5 KB
- Appendix-D_freshwater-hui-interactive-evaluatio- plan.doc - 123.5 KB
- Appendix-E_invite-with-registration-and-programme-details-to-use-as-a-template-and-email-out.doc - 844 KB
- Appendix-F_list-of-participants-info-and-list-of-funding-sources.pdf - 126.36 KB
- Appendix-G_nthld_fw_hui_proceedings_pt_one.pdf - 142.43 KB
- Regional_freshwater_hui_planning_key-task-list.doc - 151 KB