Every year The Whitebait Connection's umbrella organisation, the Mountains to Sea Conservation trust (MTSCT), hosts a National Marine and Freshwater Wananga to provide an inspirational professional development and networking opportunity for all those involved or interested in freshwater and marine conservation.
The wananga objectives are to:
- Provide a forum for marine and freshwater educators to network about education for sustainability initiatives & projects. (School and/or community based).
- To provide professional development
- To provide a forum to discuss ideas on how we can foster and take more action for marine and freshwater conservation.
- Ensure strong delivery of the Experiencing Marine Reserves (EMR) and Whitebait Connection (WBC) concepts around New Zealand.
2018 Mountains to Sea National Wananga
This year we are hosting the event in collaboration with our team in Nelson/Tasman. The event will run from the 21st-23rd of April.
A short clip of our 2017 wananga in Leigh, Auckland:
A short clip of our 2016 wananga in Gisborne:
A short clip of our 2013 Wananga in Rawhiti:
Download previous wananga proceedings...
- 008-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 792.4 KB
- 2009-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 3.37 MB
- 2010-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 3.68 MB
- 2012-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 3.87 MB
- 2013-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 1.55 MB
- 2014-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 21.72 MB
- 2015-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 3.31 MB
- 2016-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 13.79 MB
- 2017 Proceedings - 6.66 MB