- Provide a forum for marine and freshwater educators to network about education for sustainability initiatives & projects. (School and/or community based).
- To provide professional development
- To provide a forum to discuss ideas on how we can foster and take more action for marine and freshwater conservation.
- Ensure strong delivery of the Experiencing Marine Reserves (EMR) and Whitebait Connection (WBC) concepts around New Zealand.
2021 Mountains to Sea National Wānanga, Coromandel
Registrations are now open - register today!
It is official, our annual Mountains to Sea Wānanga will be held in Kennedy Bay, Coromandel from Wednesday 21st to Friday 23rd April 2021.
You can find our latest programme here. Please note that this is an evolving document and finer details will be confirmed in due course. You can also follow our facebook event or view proceedings from previous wānanga below and watch this space for any updates!
Wondering how to get to the wānanga?
We have people attending from all over the country, follow our carpool thread to catch a ride!
A short clip of our 2019 wānanga in Kaitaia, Northland:
A short clip of our 2018 wānanga in Nelson/Tasman:
A short clip of our 2017 wānanga in Leigh, Auckland
A short clip of our 2016 wānanga in Gisborne:
A short clip of our 2013 wānanga in Rawhiti:
Download previous wānanga proceedings...
- 2019-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 9.95MB
- 008-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 792.4 KB
- 2009-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 3.37 MB
- 2010-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 3.68 MB
- 2012-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 3.87 MB
- 2013-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 1.55 MB
- 2014-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 21.72 MB
- 2015-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 3.31 MB
- 2016-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 13.79 MB
- 2017 Proceedings - 6.66 MB
- 2018 Proceedings - 10.10MB