Every year The Whitebait Connection's umbrella organisation, the Mountains to Sea Conservation trust (MTSCT), hosts a National Marine and Freshwater Wananga to provide an inspirational professional development and networking opportunity for all those involved or interested in freshwater and marine conservation.
The wananga objectives are to:
- Provide a forum for marine and freshwater educators to network about education for sustainability initiatives & projects. (School and/or community based).
- To provide professional development
- To provide a forum to discuss ideas on how we can foster and take more action for marine and freshwater conservation.
- Ensure strong delivery of the Experiencing Marine Reserves (EMR) and Whitebait Connection (WBC) concepts around New Zealand.
2020 Mountains to Sea National Wananga, Coromandel
It is official, our 2020 Mountains to Sea Wananga will be held in Coromandel (venue to be confirmed) from Wednesday 22nd to Friday 24th April. Our team are currently working hard on the programme and will be confirming finer details in due course. In the meantime, you can view proceedings from previous wananga below and watch this space for any updates!
2019 Mountains to Sea National Wananga, Kaitaia
This year we hosted the event in collaboration with our team in Awanui/Kaitaia. The event ran from the 26th to the 28th of April.
A short clip of our 2019 wananga in Kaitaia, Northland:
A short clip of our 2018 wananga in Nelson/Tasman:
A short clip of our 2017 wananga in Leigh, Auckland
A short clip of our 2016 wananga in Gisborne:
A short clip of our 2013 Wananga in Rawhiti:
Download previous wananga proceedings...
- 2019-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 9.95MB
- 008-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 792.4 KB
- 2009-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 3.37 MB
- 2010-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 3.68 MB
- 2012-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 3.87 MB
- 2013-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 1.55 MB
- 2014-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 21.72 MB
- 2015-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 3.31 MB
- 2016-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 13.79 MB
- 2017 Proceedings - 6.66 MB
- 2018 Proceedings - 10.10MB